Remembering Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. Through Your Will
Each year many individuals exercise their privilege to determine the final distribution of their estates, by designating that a portion of their assets be used for the benefit and support of Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. These gifts by will have become an integral part of the overall support received by this music organization. In many cases, such gifts enable a person to make significant contributions that may not have been possible during ones lifetime.
Bequests can take various forms. The following are several types of charitable bequests for your consideration.
- Specific Bequest. You may designate that Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. is to receive a specific dollar amount or a specific piece of property. These may include cash, securities, real estate or tangible personal property.
- Percentage Bequest. Such bequests are expressed as a percentage of the estate rather than a specific amount.
- Residuary Bequest. A residuary bequest is used to give Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. all or a portion of your property, after all debts, taxes, expenses, and other bequests have been paid.
- Restricted Bequest. You may prefer to restrict your bequest for a specific purpose.
- Life Income For A Beneficiary. A bequest may also be arranged to provide a life income for a selected beneficiary by directing that the bequest be used to establish a charitable remainder trust of gift annuity with Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
- Life Insurance Policy. Such a policy may be established so that the proceeds are payable upon the death of the donor in one lump sum to SAI Philanthropies, Inc. as the designated beneficiary. In your will or trust you may identify Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. as a beneficiary of your estate as: Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located at One Tunnel Road, Asheville, NC 28805.
| PAN'S LEGACY |
The Board of Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. announces the formation of its planned giving initiative, PAN'S LEGACY. This is SAI's way of recognizing a special group of people who have documented inclusion of Sigma Alpha Iota in their estate plan.
By making a gift to SAI Philanthropies through your estate, you can provide perpetual support for future projects designed to carry out the ideals of SAI. The scholarships and grants that are awarded to individuals and music institutions create ongoing inspiration for the next generation of musicians and teachers, and your gift will make that possible. All donors making a documented commitment in their estates are entitled to PAN’S LEGACY membership.
A special display mural has been created at National Headquarters. Names of those who have left a legacy to SAI Philanthropies, Inc. are permanently displayed. Inquiries about this program and requests for a packet to be used in documenting your gift may be directed to SAI Philanthropies, Inc. through National Headquarters:
One Tunnel Rd
Asheville, NC 28805
A Statement of Intent may be downloaded here to fill out and send in to National Headquarters.