1. INSTRUMENTS – If at all possible, please have all instruments assessed by a professional repairperson BEFORE you donate them. This is usually a FREE service. This will prevent the shipment of any instrument that is not worth repairing and will save time and money in the end! When in doubt, check with the Director.
2. MUSIC - No moldy, torn, brittle or photocopied music.
3. TEXTS – There have been few requests for textbooks of any kind, although there may be some requests from areas affected by the hurricanes. Please check with the Director before donating texts.
4. SHIPPING - After items are deemed usable, please safely wrap and ship to the appropriate location. Locations may vary during special projects such as the People-to-People Katrina Relief. Depending on the situation, initial shipping may be to the Director, special drop off points as in the areas affected by the hurricanes, or in some cases, directly to the location making the request. Initial shipping must be covered by the donor, whether chapter or individual, unless otherwise specified by the Director. Shipping abroad is usually covered by the Project, but you may include the cost of shipping as part of your donation by sending a check to National Headquarters only. The Director or drop off locations may not accept checks.
Please follow the guidelines for music donations below:
- ORGAN – Find a local American Guild of Organists chapter (AGO) on the web and let the Director know you have made a donation locally. No requests have been made from the Project in many years for organ music, but areas affected by the hurricanes may experience some requests.
- PIANO – Please check with the Director before donating beginning piano music. Currently, the Project has more than enough.
- STRING, INSTRUMENTAL, VOCAL (solo only)– Please do not include American Pop or Rock and Roll music at this time. We have more than enough with no requests for it. Broadway is OK.
- BAND – Pieces (scores and parts) are needed at this time.
- CHORAL – Please check with the Director before donating choral music.
- ELEMENTARY – Recorders and recorder music needed.
To adopt an instrument, see the Instrument Page here
To request assistance, download the Request Form here*
To make a donation
- Visit our secure online store, SAI Shop, then click the arrow beside 'SAI Philanthropies Inc.' to begin.
- Instruments and Supplies - contact Dr. Liana Valente
*These are PDF forms which will require Acrobat Reader, available for download free. This form cannot be submitted online, but you may fill in the fields, print the form, and mail it.