Arts Management Summer Internship at the Kennedy Center
Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of a three-month Internship for a member of Sigma Alpha Iota at the DeVos Institute of Arts Management at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC during the summer months. This internship in education with the National Symphony Orchestra will include preparation and implementation of the 4-week festival of orchestral and chamber music for young musicians that will be held July 1-29, 2013.
The Intern will receive a stipend of $2,400 to help defray living costs in Washington. It will be the Intern’s responsibility to provide her own transportation to and from Washington, and her housing and meals during the period of the Internship (the Kennedy Center will assist Interns in finding reasonably-priced housing). There will be no additional financial support from Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
Applicants for this SAI Philanthropies, Inc. sponsored Internship must be juniors, seniors, graduate students, or graduates out of school for no more than two years.
Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies Inc., reserves the right not to award an internship if no applicant is judged to be sufficiently qualified.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be:
- an initiated member of SAI
- in good financial standing with the fraternity
- current with national dues
- a junior, senior, graduate student, or graduate out of school for no more than two years
Details of the Internship
1. The decision on all internship applications is solely the responsibility of the DeVos Institute of Arts Management at the Kennedy Center. Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. will not participate in any way in the application review and selection process.
2. The Internship will be from mid to late May to August 2, 2013.
3. The internship assignment is 40 hours a week. The Intern is involved in all aspects of the Summer Music Institute and her own projects of responsibility. After SMI is over, the Intern will be involved in preparing for the new NSO Education Program season of concerts and training programs.
4. College credit may be available, depending on the policies of the Intern’s university. Applicants should check with the placement offices of their institutions.
5. Interns may attend any Kennedy Center performances on a space-available basis.
6. For complete information on the Internship and required Kennedy Center application form, please refer to theKennedy Center Arts Management Internships page.
Emily Jean Kuchenbrod
Lambda Mu, Upsilon A, Region V
SAI APPLICATION FORM
DEADLINE: March 1
CONTACT: National Headquarters
Dr. and Mrs. Berge Markarian Scholarship for a Music Industry Internship at Appalachian State University ($1,000)
One scholarship of $1000 will be awarded to a member of Epsilon Theta Chapter at Appalachian State University in any Music Industry area, who is selected to do an internship in her chosen field. It can be used for the fall, spring or summer semester and will be applied towards the internship tuition at Appalachian State University. Application Form.
Kristen Rencher, Epsilon Theta, Appalachian State University, Tau B, Region VI
For further information, contact National Headquarters.