Sigma Alpha Iota International Music Fraternity is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Executive Director of the organization beginning July 1, 2020. Pending satisfactory performance reviews and approval by the National Executive Board, the candidate selected for this position may be promoted to the position of Executive Director at a future date.
Candidates for the position of Assistant Executive Director must have been initiated as a collegiate member of Sigma Alpha Iota and be a current member of the SAI National Alumnae Association. Applicants must have knowledge of both the Fraternity and SAI Philanthropies, Inc. Relocation to Asheville, North Carolina, the site of SAI National Headquarters, is required.
A complete job description for the position may be downloaded here.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Five or more years of business management or supervisory experience working in nonprofit or association management
- Transparent and high-integrity leadership and management skills
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface, engage professionally, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, vendors, and other groups
- Budget management skills, including preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting
- Past success working with a board, including the cultivation of board member relationships
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies that can be used to promote the mission, vision, and future of SAI
- Proficiency in using computers, e-mail, internet, and document creation applications
- Knowledge of social media applications and the ability to use them
Salary offered will be commensurate with professional experience (range of approximately $40,000-$48,000 per year) and includes a benefits package.
Final interviews will be conducted in February 2020. The Assistant Executive Director’s date of hire is contingent upon contract negotiation, notice period of current employment, and appropriate time for transition to relocate. It is estimated that the selected candidate will start in July 2020.
Items that must be submitted with a candidate’s application:
- Cover letter to the Search Committee
- Description of Sigma Alpha Iota activities, service, and leadership roles (i.e., what is your “SAI story”)
- Three references or letters of recommendation. At least one must be from a current or previous supervisor/employer. At least one must be from a member of Sigma Alpha Iota.
- The following items must also be addressed in the application:
- Why interested in the position of Assistant Executive Director
- Goals or suggestions for working with the Executive Director and the team at National Headquarters
- Ability and proposed timeline to move to Asheville, North Carolina, if selected.