Musical America Jobs Center
A regularly updated catalog of job opportunities in the fields of music and the arts.
2022 USA International Harp Competition 7th Ruth Inglefield Composition Contest
• Cash Award: $2,000 USD - made possible by a grant from the American Harp Society
• Publication: winning composition published by Lyon & Healy Publications, www.harp.com
• Performances: winning composition included in required repertoire for Stage III of the 2022 USA International Harp Competition and performed on Gold Medalist’s recitals
• Duration: 6-8 minutes
• Instrumentation: Solo Pedal Harp (Other instruments may be included if played by the harpist. Electronics are permitted if no additional personnel are required.)
• Eligibility: composition must be unpublished, unawarded and not commercially recorded for distribution. Previous winners are not eligible.
• Submissions: online application, PDF of anonymous score, MP3 recording played by a harpist
January 15, 2021: online applications open
October 1, 2021: online application including brief bio, PDF of anonymous 8.5” x 11” score
November 1, 2021: MP3 recording of composition, played by a harpist. No digital or midi
recordings will be accepted. Please find your harpist early to permit enough preparation time.
December 15, 2021: winning composition announced
International Women’s Brass Conference
IWBC exists to educate, develop, support, and inspire all women brass musicians. For over 20 years, IWBC has successfully worked towards its mission by:
• Hosting seven international conferences
• Supporting outstanding musicians through the Susan
Slaughter Solo Competition, many of whom have
moved on to successful careers in the music field.
• Commissioning new pieces for brass
• Publishing NoteWorthy, the biannual newsletter
of the IWBC
Maud Powell Society
The MPS has announced that the four-volume Maud Powell Favorites collection of Violin transcriptions, Brahms Concerto Cadenza, Music Analyses and Editions, and Music Dedicated to, Commissioned by or Associated with violinist Maud Powell is available to all SAI chapters, school libraries, and string teachers at a discounted price of $95.
The Music Teachers National Association
The Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) offers numerous composition, performance, and chamber music competitions, with age requirements ranging from elementary school through adult. Entrants must study with a MTNA member teacher or pay a non-member fee, as well as be a US citizen or hold a US Visa or resident card.
Music by Black Composers (MBC)
Founded in 2001 as a project of the Rachel Barton Pine Foundation, MBC’s mission is to: inspire Black students to begin and continue instrumental training by showing them that they are an integral part of classical music’s past as well as its future; make the music of Black composers available to all people regardless of background or ethnicity; help bring greater diversity to the ranks of performers, composers, and audiences, and help change the face of classical music and its canon.
NATIONAL FEDERATION for MUSIC EDUCATION (NAfME)
NAfME advocates for music education at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century. A comprehensive listing of future virtual and in-person conferences and events is available online.
LEAGUE OF AMERICAN ORCHESTRAS
The League of American Orchestras collects and curates the knowledge, information, data, leadership experiences, and effective practices that are essential for the orchestra world to thrive and grow. We share these through educational events and webinars, artistic programs, grant programs, research publications and studies, web resources, Symphony magazine, The Hub, and Symphony Spot.
American Composers Alliance
Non-profit composer's catalog and archives: services and support for music licensing, sheet music distribution, concerts, and recordings for independent American concert music composers.
INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR WOMEN IN MUSIC (IAWM)
A connective and informative global organization, IAWM increases opportunity and visibility for women in music. Welcoming to members of all genders, this forward-thinking advocacy alliance helps reshape the music industry’s landscape for greater equity and inclusion in the 21st century.