- To wear the badge as an introduction to all Sigma Alpha Iota collegiate, alumnae, and distinguished members.
- To impact music around the world utilizing Sigma Alpha Iota resources.
- To seek the highest goals of personal development and achievement with the support and encouragement of the Fraternity and its members.
- To promote American music, contribute to Sigma Alpha Iota’s philanthropic projects, and participate in the Fraternity’s scholarship and grant programs.
- To work with fraternity leaders to promote Sigma Alpha Iota’s Mission and high standards of musicianship and scholarship.
- To benefit from leadership opportunities within the national organization.
- To attend Province Days, National Conventions, and other fraternity events to cultivate friendships with other Sigma Alpha Iota members who share our love of music.
- To represent the fraternity positively at all times
- To cultivate broad friendships and be democratic in all campus contacts
- To be ethical at all times
- To respect the authority of chapter, province and national officers
- To refrain from the discussion of internal fraternity affairs with non-members, unless they are chapter advisors
- To practice the high ideals of Sigma Alpha Iota at all times
Sigma Alpha Iota espouses A STATEMENT OF FRATERNAL VALUES AND ETHICS developed by the commission on Values and Ethics of the National Interfraternity Conference (NIC).