The Purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota
- TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
- TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
- TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
- TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
- TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
- TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member's Alma Mater.
- TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
Mission Statement and Vision
The Mission of Sigma Alpha Iota International Music Fraternity is to encourage, nurture and support the art of music.
- Supports and encourages women musicians of all ages, races, and nationalities
- Supports and promotes successful and innovative educational programs in music for all stages of life
- Cultivates excellence in musical performance
- Promotes programs and activities that stress the love and importance of music in our lives
- Recognizes technological advances in the field of music
- Dedicates financial resources that ensure the continuation of programs necessary to support the objectives of the fraternity in perpetuity
- Has as its members people who exemplify professional and ethical behavior in the spirit of the Sigma Alpha Iota founders
2015-2018 National Objectives
We the members of Sigma Alpha Iota, will:
Renew our commitment to the Purpose of SAI, striving for perfection.
Honor and respect the traditions of the SAI ritual.
Work in our chapters and communities to raise the standards of music in all its diverse expressions.
Advocate for music education, stressing its importance in our world.
Strengthen and nurture our lifelong connection to SAI members, inspiring each other through loving sisterhood and effective communication.
Speak enthusiastically about the many projects of our charitable arm, SAI Philanthropies, Inc., and support those projects with our donations.
Be a catalyst for the creation and performance of American music.