A gift to SAI Philanthropies is "A Gift of Music." Your continued interest and financial support are greatly appreciated. All gifts are tax deductible.
Or, you can make checks payable to SAI Philanthropies, Inc. and mail to:
SAI Philanthropies, Inc.
One Tunnel Road
Asheville, NC 28805
Does your employer match your donation? We will be happy to submit the required paperwork.
SAI Philanthropies is my favorite charity!
We honor your commitment to music and Sigma Alpha Iota. You have made it possible for SAI to fulfill the vision of her seven Founders for over 100 years. Certainly there have been changes through the years.
But through all the changes, one thing remains the same: SAI ’s commitment to serving our members, as well as musicians all over the world, through our scholarships, grants and special projects. Our foundation, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc., is the vehicle for providing the necessary funding, and we are asking that you make a personal commitment with a contribution again this year.
Through Impact Grants and Chapter Outreach Grants, our chapters across the nation have a wide-reaching impact on people in all sizes of communities, from young children to college students to professional musicians.
We know that your continued support will allow these projects and scholarships to continue to grow and succeed. A personal contribution adds your name to the Symphony Society for this year. A list of annual donors is displayed on a plaque near a beautiful mural at National Headquarters and appears in Pan Pipes.
We thank you for your past gifts and we look forward to seeing your name in the current roster of members who believe in the mission of Sigma Alpha Iota. Please send in your contribution today.
Leslie Odom Miller, DMA
The Board of Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. has a planned giving initiative, PAN'S LEGACY. This is SAI's way of recognizing a special group of people who have documented inclusion of Sigma Alpha Iota in their estate plan.
By making a gift to SAI Philanthropies through your estate, you can provide perpetual support for future projects designed to carry out the ideals of SAI. The scholarships and grants that are awarded to individuals and music institutions create ongoing inspiration for the next generation of musicians and teachers, and your gift will make that possible. All donors making a documented commitment in their estates are entitled to PAN’S LEGACY membership.
There is a special display mural at National Headquarters. Names of those who have left a legacy to SAI Philanthropies, Inc. are permanently displayed (Download the current catalog of names here). Inquiries about this program and requests for a packet to be used in documenting your gift may be directed to SAI Philanthropies, Inc. through National Headquarters:
One Tunnel Rd
Asheville, NC 28805
A Statement of Intent may be downloaded here to fill out and send in to National Headquarters.
Remembering Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies Through Your Will
Each year many individuals exercise their privilege to determine the final distribution of their estates, by designating that a portion of their assets be used for the benefit and support of Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. These gifts by will have become an integral part of the overall support received by this music organization. In many cases, such gifts enable a person to make significant contributions that may not have been possible during ones lifetime.
Bequests can take various forms. The following are several types of charitable bequests for your consideration.
- Specific Bequest. You may designate that Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. is to receive a specific dollar amount or a specific piece of property. These may include cash, securities, real estate or tangible personal property.
- Percentage Bequest. Such bequests are expressed as a percentage of the estate rather than a specific amount.
- Residuary Bequest. A residuary bequest is used to give Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. all or a portion of your property, after all debts, taxes, expenses, and other bequests have been paid.
- Restricted Bequest. You may prefer to restrict your bequest for a specific purpose.
- Life Income For A Beneficiary. A bequest may also be arranged to provide a life income for a selected beneficiary by directing that the bequest be used to establish a charitable remainder trust of gift annuity with Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
- Life Insurance Policy. Such a policy may be established so that the proceeds are payable upon the death of the donor in one lump sum to SAI
- Philanthropies, Inc. as the designated beneficiary. In your will or trust you may identify Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc. as a beneficiary of your estate as: Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located at One Tunnel Road, Asheville, NC 28805.
New graduates are invited to become a member of the 1903 Club of SAI Philanthropies, Inc.
Sigma Alpha Iota is not a place, it’s a journey. Continue yours today.
Upon graduation, members donating within the first year of alumnae status become a member of the 1903 Club, acknowledging their support of SAI.
Members of the 1903 Club:
- Become part of an exclusive network of recent graduates
- Strengthen the foundation of the fraternity
- Support the many scholarships, grants, and special projects funded by SAI Philanthropies, Inc.
- Get access to new social media content to show your SAI pride
- This donation should be made within the first year of attaining alumnae status to be granted this special recognition.
Members will receive a personal link for paying national Alumnae Association dues and making a donation to SAI Philanthropies when their chapter treasurer reports them as new graduates.